Saturday, June 24, 2006

Watched "C for CLOWN" at the Odeon theatre festival today...
Produced by Cinematograph,directed by Rajat Kapoor and written by Rajat Kapoor,Atul Kumar,Vinay Pathak,Keneth Philips and Sheeba Chadha,"C for CLOWN" was entertainment all the way
The script mostly comprised unadulterated gibberish garnished with a few english dialogues deftly thrown in between..the actors were funny,jocular,spontaneous,hilarious and all that you can think of when I say "Oh God!my sides have started aching..I'll explode if I laugh anymore".
The performers came up with impromptu improvisations,involving the audience in the saga all through...
The play mostly reflected the darker side of the clowns' life...exposed the face beneath layers of makeup and paint...the face that lies underneath all 'ha!ha!hee!hee!'...
Not exactly what you would call 'thought provoking',so to speak...not dark or anything,nothing you would get back home and muse on...but ,as I said before,it was pure entertainment ,nonetheless...
The costumes were innovative,the music was upbeat and the set was simple.
Rajat Kapoor was a dude...and I fell back in love with Ranvir Shorey...Sheeba Chadha was brilliant as "Fifi,the clown"..made me wish I could play her role.Vinay Pathak was good fun,as always.Ditto for Atul Kumar.

thought of the moment:~"To be,or, not to be a clown,that is the question..."

hee hee :p

LOL!

3 comments:

scorpionragz said...

hmmmmmmm
i see
wanted to go see it but missed it as is my fate with all such events.

March Hare said...

:(, :( and :(

onnesha said...

awwwww!what the *uck!!why?couldn't she get herself someone else...ugh!!you HAD to ruin my day,na?