Saturday, May 20, 2006

psychedelic dreams...fragments of my warped imagination...and a warm concoction of sweet remembrances called Kolkata...all this...that...and much more...much,much more...

loved yesterday for everything...for the lazy breeze that brushed past me...dabbing a bit of its care free essence on me...loved yesterday for it helped me fall in love with myself...fall in love with the city...for the nth time...loved yesterday for the mellow baanshir awaj that's still reverberating inside me...for that mindblowing natok at Academy that stirred the dormant conciousness within me...for the walk back to the Exide bus stop...that walk past Rabindra Sadan...Nandan...past that urchin,squatting on the pavement outside Nandan...playing the most heart wrenching tune in his baanshi...it was almost ten in the night then...and I wished I could stay there forever...

I've never felt so emancipated as I feel now...yesterday will live with me forever...that walk...baanshir awaj...Sahajiyadir obhinoy...I won't be able to forget these...however hard may I try...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

oi baanshiwalatar nam maqbool.awajta kamon jeno flyover periye buke dhakka mare.bhalo legeche jene shobkichu,amaro bhalo lagche

onnesha said...

surta sune eto stombhito hoye gechhilam je banshiwalar mukhta dekha hoyni...kintu oi maqbool namtao tahole ekhon monikothay roye jabe...chirotorer janna....thank you...for everything...

Pranaadhika Sinha Devburman - Bat said...

hmmm.. nice.. the bird will crap on the baanshee the next time she sees it.

Anonymous said...

বাঁশুরিয়া বাজাও বাঁশি
দেখি না তোমায়...
গেঁয়ো সূর ভেসে বেড়ায়
শহুরে হাওয়ায়.........................
----(সুমন)

onnesha said...

masjhe majhe bhabte obak lage koto mukh achhe ei sohortar...sotti bohumukhi...

Sorcerer said...

Ki natok dekha holo kaal, jotodur jaani kaal academy te kono ekta show e Usha Gangulyr 'Mukti' chhilo.. Jodi seta dekhe ferar somoy ei surta buke beje thaake tobe jaanbo kolktay ajo sotti bristi hoy..Ki natok dekha holo jaanate bhulo na...

onnesha said...

na!usha gangulyr natok na...nitanto kochikachader niye nehru children's museumer udyoge eklta festival ayojito hoyechhilo...tari shesh dine rama prasad baniker lekha ebong porichalonay "jodio sandhya" natokti sotti opurbo...ashchorjo lage kemon bhabe amader somoboyoshi ebong amader ytheke onek chhoto chele meyera oshabhabik dokhottar sange natokta egiye niye gelo...bolai bahulyo amar ek priyo bonbdhu natoktite thakar dorun ta dekhte aro bhalo legechhe...porer bar show hole toke nishchyi janabo...dekhish...khub bhalo lagbe..

March Hare said...

i cant believe i missed it because of a bawaal with me mom....rub it in...rub it in...will ya???

onnesha said...

yeah baby...this is my great opportunity...rubbit in...i so will!you missed a damn good show...it was spectacular...especially sahajiyadir performance...awesome!!

Sorcerer said...

You want to know abut the secret behind the efficiency of the little squadron.... Months of rigorous workshop at the nehru museum before even the play is written... I saw on efrom this series - "Ekla Pagol". it was awesome as well...

And yes pls next time aage theke jana thakle pls inform me and i shall try to make it to there..

onnesha said...

yep!saw ekla pagol twice...once at madhusudan mancha and the other time at the bongo sandskriti sammelan...its brilliant...didn't you absolutely fall in love with bhumi???