Saturday, April 15, 2006

mundane afternoon...except for the continuous groaning of the fan and the occassional sound of missed calls, there's an abrupt silence in the room...not exactly eerie but awkward,nonetheless...
i miss college...i miss ledge,the most...which has now become a part of my existence...the bridge has been closed down for some time now...dilapidated and rickety(read,extremely),the bridge always spooked me especially at night when it would cast this grim shadow on the jheel standing tall like a man with arms outstretched...i miss the bridge too,now that i think of it...
two more days...TWO freaking days before monday ...gawd!how i hate weekends...
people reading this probably think i have got nothing better to do than go to college and gush about it in my blog...but the fact is I'm so passionately in love with joo that i can't imagine staying away from it for long...for me bunking college equals insanity(ask the people who stay with me)
the feeling was more or less the same even when i was in school..i would hate bunking school...come hail or storm i always made sure that i was present in school (no wonder,i bagged the attendance prize,twice in a row...missed the third time by a day or two..shucks!) but now that i have passed out i don't even miss school all that much...
uncanny though it may seem,i hardly think of school...leave alone miss it...wonder if it would be the same when i pass out of joo...
i know i'm being VERY incoherent here...lethargen,it seems has gotten into my blood...my 'flesh and blood'(loved the way we used to re-iterate the phrase during the "Not Oedipus"rehersals) don't even feel like moving my bum and going out for walk...
i need some fresh air..its very stale and gloomy inside my room...poor ventilation...the window in my room opens to a verandah...result.no air and no light...the space is crammed...all the furnitures are dumped in my room in a vague disorderly fashion...i never used to mind it before..i do..now...I WANT MY ROOM BACK!
mum's shocked at my rebellious antics and demands an apology!I'm holding on to my ego...dad's given up all hope on me...he used to be vocal before.but now,he simply sighs,nods his head,sighs again and departs into the study.period.
I'm turning into a rebel cum brat cum snob of sorts...
I'm becoming more and more estranged with every passing day...i can feel it...i dress in a bizarre fashion,relatives eye me curiously at every social do..not that i care but they still give me that look which screams "you don't belong here"...
I've grown used to all the frowns,smirks,chuckles and raised eyebrows...
cliches everything...all this.
do something that i haven't seen you do before...
take me by surprise...
make my jaw drop...

9 comments:

March Hare said...

ei...tui kobe theke arunava hoye geli???

Bone said...

oh... you've never been rebellious before? oi ma-baba-relative phase'ta amar gechhe around class 8-9. ekhon they've just gotten used to me so things are cool again... funnily, i never thought they would... i've gone and done things i used to think till then would get me chucked out of home or murdered and buried in the back garden or something like that... and i'm still lving on, ain't i? lol. it does get weary after a while though.

onnesha said...

sen...i take offence on that...me arunava??HOW??in which way???
ummm...tiny,i was never the very rebellious kid back home...luckily my folks have always been cool with whatever i did or still do..so i've got no issues...but still it does get a bit off the edge at times...

Pranaadhika Sinha Devburman - Bat said...

hey! you're the onnesha who wrote an article on an elaan event! was just informed..

onnesha said...

yep!I'm THE ONE!!!
though i spell my name differntly...I'm Anwesha.
mandy must have told you....

Pranaadhika Sinha Devburman - Bat said...

naah, mandy n i havent been in touch for a while. whats up ? your writing reminds me a bit of myself in my cis days. i like your writing style, it's natural and unpretentious.

onnesha said...

anna chronism...gee!fank you...
that's the best compliment I've ever received...
umm...alluder...yes sire!I'll surely keep that in mind next time I embark on any writing spree!!!
and I'm NOT your li'l sis...get that into your fat head....

Pranaadhika Sinha Devburman - Bat said...

lol. why do bloggers get on the alluder's case so much ?!!

@onnesha - :D

onnesha said...

hehehe!!!
pray why do we "get on the alluder's case so much?"
why indeed....