Saturday, February 04, 2006

I hate weekends.It wasn't like this before...Weekends were fun when I was in school.There was a time when I hated going to school(the physics teacher was a slut and we had her classes everyday)and weekends were what i used to look forward to all week.For then,it meant a respite from studies(I NEVER studied during weekends..unless ofcourse there was a test on monday on a subject I hated and was clueless about).
I used to go to this place in triangular park called "ANNESHA"(yeah! it had the same name as me..but with a different spelling)I would go there every saturday and spend hours with others like me.It was some sort of a playhouse and they would teach us how to sing,dance,recite,etc,etc.We even staged a few plays.The evenings were spent boring mum with all my senseless prattle about how much fun i had had and what we had done the whole day.It's amazing how she always used to listen to me intently as if nothing else in the whole wide world could be more important than this.I doubt if i would ever be half as nice to my kids as she was(and still is) to me.
Sundays were mostly spent at jethur bari...it was some kind of a ritual.We just HAD TO go there every sunday.Sunday nights were nightmarish...what with the whole weekend spent in "having fun",I had to burn the midnight oil to finish my homework and still a dozen more assignments would remain pending.
I don't precisely remember when all that stopped. Just that it did.I guess I outgrew the age to go to some silly playhouse.Jethur bari did not excite me anymore.Weekends in the past few years were largely spent in running from one tuition to another...it was so exhausting and thus so non descript that i can't really elucidate on that phase.
From then,till now, things have come a long way.I loathe weekends now!!!They are as boring and uneventful as it can possibly get.Mum's mostly busy with her work(being a school teacher doesn't come easy).Baba's got a world of his own...something I really am not keen on encroaching upon.I don't even remember the last time all three of us went out somewhere.I try to act busy...but the fact remains I'm the most bekar person you could ever come across on weekends.I long for their company.I wish I could turn the clock back in time and sort things the way they originally were...go back to ANNESHA...visit jethur bari one sunday(I think they'll be baffled on seeing me...the unsocial that I've become in the past few years)talk with mum for hours together...
I wonder if all that would be possible again ...EVER....

5 comments:

La Figlia Che Piange said...

I should think attending a slut's classes would be fun.

onnesha said...

you think...???!!!well you have no idea as to how freaky this can get..i've been there...and it wasn't even this close to being funny

Joychaser said...

Want to bang heads together with other similarly bekar-ness afflicted enemplyed persons on the weekends ?

btw, i got another book by kafka if you're interested in him after the trial.. what did u buy frm the bk fr?

Joychaser said...

i shall take a leaf outta sen's book (or whetever that expression is) and plead with u to visit my blog since i cant stop myself from jabbing away whenever there's nothing else to do and thn upload all of it

March Hare said...

well.......i am almost always very very depressed and bekar on weekends. but this weekend was an exception. i enjoyed myself thoroughly.friday - saraswati puja and all the related fun. saturday -bookfair. and sunday - went to a really really really good movie. one of the best movies i have ever seen. yay!!!!

p.s. but now i am really freaked out because there is a rumour that the results may come out tomorrow. and i screwed up my exams royally. royally.'joto hasi toto kanna' i guess.....